Vintage Cofee Table

May 22, 2009 at 7:48 am (Shop Items) (, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , )

We have another coffee table added to the shop.  This one was so cute, but in bad shape:

flowers and yard 002


flowers and yard 003

And… Here’s the after:

countertops 005

countertops 006

Actually, it is also getting little white feet, but I couldn’t resist showing you how it turned out.  Let me know if you are interested.


Permalink 2 Comments

Typewriter Table Detailed

April 14, 2009 at 8:44 am (Projects) (, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , )

Sorry, I forgot to upload new pictures yesterday. But, today you get to see a lot of progress from the weekend! Here is the typewriter table that I showed you before.  It is now finished and detailed! 



Once I finished the second coat of white spray paint I arranged cardboard scrap-booking stencils in the placement I liked.  I traced and filled the stencils with a paint pen.  These little guys work great!  I have used it on a couple of projects now and it always does the trick.  I think it is super cute and ready to be used!

Permalink 1 Comment

New Old Shade

February 27, 2009 at 10:28 am (Projects) (, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , )

Its official. I am sick of our curtains. All of them. Every room. I knew they were bad from the day we moved in, but now I am at my breaking point. So, on my day off yesterday I did some work and started plunging into our curtain situation.

I thought I would start off small. There was no shade over the large window in our kitchen door. Our neighbors could see right in! I decided to take the old white roller shade from the dining room door (since it also has a curtain) and refinish it to go in the kitchen. I wanted to stick with the black and white theme. I used some swirly scrap-book stencils I had and a paint pen ($3 at Wal-Mart). I laid the stencils out where I liked them, traced, and colored in. Now, viola!



What a simple , inexpensive project with such great results! This weekend I plan to get some black material and sew a valance at the top, as well as simple black curtains to replace the strawberry ones in the kitchen window. Then on to the rest of the house…

P.S. Yes, there is a cute in the shade. The landlord has mis-cut part of the shade. I didn’t want to try out my new paint idea on a new shade and ruin it. We like it well enough that I will soon go through the time and effort to reproduce this on a new shade!

Permalink 2 Comments